Friday, December 12, 2014

"HI"

A boy (whose name I don't know) once came up to me and said 'Hi.' That is all he said.

He walked away as if nothing had happened. I didn't look back, I just thought 'why'. Why had a boy come up to me and say the word 'Hi.' Not ' I like your shirt' or ' Nice day isn't it?' , just ' Hi'.

I always reflect back on this moment when I have nothing else to think about. Maybe he was just being kind. But why? Chivalry is dead and this boy so generously welcomes me. Normally if this happens to any other person, they might respond, but I was too focused on what had happened.

Take for an example, a modern 2014 teen who feeds off money and pumpkin spice-lattes is said 'Hi' to. She would probaly instagram it. She would not think, "Wow, that was very random and I am going to ponder about why it has happened every time I have nothing to think about."

Now what if this teen was the one who said 'Hi'. I would freak out. I would freak out because this girl took a second, A SECOND out of her day to say hi to a stranger. Now of course, no teen girl would say 'Hi' randomly. They would probably actually say ' That shirt makes you look like s***!


cag

No comments:

Post a Comment