
Today is 'casual Friday' at work and I have on my grey Nikes with neon green trim. I asked Christian if he liked my shoes and his reply caught me off guard. "Are they Sketchers?"
Uh. WTF? Why does a four year old know about name brands right now? It's a little creepy how a brand can be embedded in a child's brain so easily. It reminded me to be extra mindful of what he's exposed to. That was some creepy stuff. (Oh, and for the record, I don't have cable and we rarely watch T.V. at home, though he does love watching his fair share of movies when he's not busy creating 'art'. (Anything he draws which doesn't resemble any recognizable object is what he refers to as 'art.')
Just the other day at the store his uncle Isaac was asking him to choose a yogurt. What I usually do is either look for a flavor I want and then compare prices. What does Christian do? He chooses the box that has Spongebob on it; never mind if it was toe-cheese flavored.
Anyway, the picture shown is of Christian working on a birthday card for his cousin. He was upset that he couldn't work on it more since he had to go to bed. Sorry, little Lety! Happy Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment