Friday, July 13, 2007

"Once upon a time there was a big toe..."

I love night time because of the stories. He tells me some great stories. I want
to record them sometime. However, he still wont let me get past the first sentence
of my 'funny' stories. I let him choose between Super hero, funny, sad,
and scary. He typically picks scary first and then funny. And as I said,
I can usually only say one sentence on the 'funny' story before he cracks
up. I can hear him holding back his laugh but to no avail. I already told
him the story of the nose. So last night I told him the story of the big
toe. "Once upon a time there was a toe." And that's as far as I could get
for about ten minutes. So finally I told him about the big toe and how the
other toes always picked on him. But the pinky toe also got picked on,
too. Eventually, it became a motivational story about self-esteem. We're
all different and we should appreciate that, basically. I'm not sure if
Christian got the deeper message, but he at least got a few laughs out of
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment