Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Christian Faces The Waves

He was reluctant to get into the water or anywhere near the ocean. This is no surprise as since he was a very young toddler he had never been too keen on getting in the ocean, although he's always loved swimming in the pool since I can remember. There was an instance when he was about two years old that I took him to the beach and he didn't want anything to do with it because of all the foam and seaweed that had washed ashore. Surely that wasn't the best time to encourage him to jump in the ocean. However, he's come a long way. What began with a quest to fetch a pail of water for our sand castle's moat slowly got him closer and closer to the water, until he became fascinated by how harmless (and fun) it could be to jump head first into a wave.

He even let me throw him about four feet in the air into the waves as they approached.










We had a great weekend and I'm really looking forward to going to Disneyworld with him later this month. I'm sure we'll create some great memories with them at Disney that they'll remember well into their adult lives as we have ours!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle and Christian would have a great time at the beach together. Although, with all the weightlifting Christian has been doing lately he might tackle Kyle into the waves while trying to hug him....

    ReplyDelete